Monday, March 15, 2010

Because I'm An Engineer

This whole anti-Prius buzz just makes me very skeptical. I'm no lover of this car or the stereotypes associated with the people who buy it, but c'mon.

Let's see, our government owns GM and is also running probes into the dealings of the #1 US car maker. Hmmmm...

All cars sold in the US go through major testing by our Gov't before they can be sold here.

The whole "evil corporation" schtick wore thin a long time ago with me.

And on and on.

Anyway, I'll cross post this. The money quote is this one:

"In the 24 cases where driver age was reported or readily inferred, the drivers included those of the ages 60, 61, 63, 66, 68, 71, 72, 72, 77, 79, 83, 85, 89—and I’m leaving out the son whose age wasn’t identified, but whose 94-year-old father died as a passenger."

3 comments:

Arvin Leroux said...

My favorite zinger was the guy whose Toyota from the 90's was driven out of control and killed someone. He was convicted of vehicular manslaughter or something and has been in prison for some years. A few weeks ago he pipes up and claims the car had a mind of it's own and that it wasn't his fault. Mmm hmm. Last time I heard that I laughed so hard I fell off my dinosaur and broke my stone underwear.

Maximum Colossus said...

It's funny. I said to CJ the other day, "If you were driving a Toyota and a cop tried to pull you over for speeding, wouldn't you just gun it?" A couple of days ago, Toyota all but accused the guy here in San Diego of similar bullshit when the police had to help him stop his runaway Prius. The only one I know of that sounds legit is the one where a family was killed in a runaway Toyota Camry(?) and that one was supposedly caused by faulty floor mats that were already a known danger.

Unknown said...

Personally I'm a big fan of, the the govt. owns GM therefore they are creating hoaxs to slow the competition, argument. I hope that's true.