Thursday, April 08, 2010

The Thin Red Line Get's #1 Movie Of The 90's?

Now I haven't seen this movie, but really?

The Unforgiven, L.A. Confidential and Goodfellas all came out in that decade and those are movies that people actually watched. I really don't know anyone who has seen The Thin Red Line. Anyone, that is, except for some hipster goober standing in line at the coffee shop not minding his own fucking business, listening into my conversation with Erock and chiming in with "The Thin Red Line is the best war movie ever! What should have won, Titanic?" (giggle snort)
"Fuck you, Faggot!" (I should have said that)

According to my netflix page I would give the movie 2 1/2 stars and with guys like Sean Penn and George Clooney starring in the movie, I'm not surprised.

3 comments:

Maximum Colossus said...

Ugh. This movie came out at the same time as Saving Private Ryan, which is why some critics claimed it didn't receive it's theatrical due, but the truth is that it is a boring as fuck movie that I defy you to get through in one sitting for any reason other to lord it over other people. Terrance Malick is one of those "visionary" douchebags that artsy people love for some reason.

Maximum Colossus said...

And it didn't even have Ralph Macchio in it!

ibc said...

Hevron, and other ancient Jewish sites in ibcbetJudea and Samaria also are on the ame time as Saving Private Ryan, which is why some critics claimed it didn't receive it's theatrical due, bu