Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11 Post

I never have anything relevant to say about 9/11. Partly, because it sounds cliche, but mostly, because I don't really care. I didn't fully understand the latter part until I read this really great post from Ace.

"We've been mythologizing 9/11 bringing us closer than ever before; maybe we can interrupt this myth-making from time to time to note it actually divided us more than ever in our history. It was actually my intent to write the same old cute story of that feeling of being united; when I got there, however, it was a bitter cliche and a lie I choked on."

I am shocked at how something as easy as 9/11 is so devisive. How something so obvious has led to, "it's only obvious to you" type remarks. This day has taught me one thing, there is a group of people who don't want to be associated with us, but still call themselves Americans. There is a group of people who are contrary for contrary's sake and will refuse to see eye to eye with who I feel are reasonable people. This same group is growing everyday, and I believe will ultimately destroy this country. I want to believe the U.S. will last forever, but I don't. I want to believe that 9/11 means something to me, but a part of me wishes the towers were filled with these types of people. I would not shed a tear nor would I think of their families. Therefore, I think I may be more like the 9/11 truthers than I once realized. A part of me thinks a section of this country deserves it.

I know this is stinkin' thinkin' and I think their is only one option. I must pray so that my heart doesn't blacken like so many others have.

UPDATE: After re-reading this post I felt myself screaming, "Shut-up you whiner!" But I am not going to erase it. I am leaving myself open for deserved criticism.
Have fun.

No comments: