Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Love My Town.

San Diego water rates to go up Jan. 1

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 2:12 p.m.

Water rates will increase for San Diego residents beginning Jan. 1 after the City Council approved a 7.75 percent hike to cover the higher cost of buying imported water.

The council voted 5-2 for the increase, with members Carl DeMaio and Donna Frye dissenting. Council President Ben Hueso was absent.

Taxpayers had a chance to block the increase if more than 50 percent of ratepayers would have objected in writing, but the protests fell far short of that threshold.

The rate increase is the sixth since 2007.

6 comments:

BVM said...

You So-Cal peeps have been stealing our water for years! Serves you right!

:-)

Maximum Colossus said...

No doubt, Baron. I just loved the Hitchhikers Guide bit in there. I seriously doubt anybody knew all they had to do was write a letter.

Unknown said...

Why would people in the Bay Area care? I didn't know they drank water. I thought they drank semen.

Arvin Leroux said...

You're right, 7 million people all drinking semen.

From whose gloriously huge and ample testicles does such nutrient rich fluid come?

Doesn't matter, you So-Cal cock gobblers are gonna pay extra for it now.

Arvin Leroux said...

Was that over the top?

I was amused writing it but now I'm feeling self-conscious.

Maximum Colossus said...

Scarred for life, Arvin. Thanks.