Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I Have ADD. Not That There Is Anything Wrong With That!

I don't really have the patience to sit down and rant about one specific thing or idea at the moment, so I thought I would just go ahead and ring in on some quick hit topics I've come across in the last couple of days.

Firstly, the FDA seems set to approve an over-the-counter calorie blocking pill. This pill is designed to stop somewhere around 20% of your meal's caloric content from coagulating into a big fat tubelike deposit directly above your pants. I can see marketing tie-ins like you wouldn't believe. Nintendo. Hostess. McDonald's, "Would you like a fat-blocking pill with that?" Take that, healthy people!

Secondly, it turns out that veggie burgers and tofu, besides being very unappealing in a tasteicular way, also do little to nothing to help keep down choleterol, or prevent "hot flashes," breast, uterine or prostate cancer, as they were previously believed to do. Take that, hippies!

Thirdly, the book, "Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower" by William Blum jumped from 209,000th on Amazon's bestseller list, to 30th, after Osama Bin Laden mentioned it in his latest audio diary. I don't know how wise it is to horn in on Oprah's action there, Osama. You think George Bush can be a bitch? Oprah doesn't screw around. I'd bet she finds you in a day. Take that book critics!

Fourthly, a snake has befriended a hamster that it was offered as a meal. Now they live together. I don't remember any more details than that, but it totally happened. Take that people who can't get along!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Do you want to see "Brokeback Mountain" with me?

Unknown said...

Fryaneggs true colors come through with his first weigh in.

Maximum Colossus said...

It's damn love story!...i would love to see it with you :-)