Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Pogues



Just giving a Heads-Up.
.
The original line-up for The Pogues is going on a U.S. tour during the Fall of 2007. This is like the 1st time in forever that all of 'em have been together for a U.S. tour, so it is pretty historic.
.
Now I am not the biggest Pogues fan, but this is still a great oportunity and so I got me some tickets. Going with ex-jarras patron, my sister and ex-jarras bartender. You guys should check it out. I already looked it up and they are playing in both San Diego and San Francisco.
.



What To expect from the show.

Well the singer is a hopeless drunk and is kinda screwed up,
(Here is an example)

and Kirsty MacColl, the girl who helped make this song famous, was tragically killed by a speedboat 7 years ago while pushing her son out of the way of the boat's path. (The boy lived.)

I know it is all pretty sad, but what the hell...if you drink enough, the show might seem like a wicked lullaby. :-)
Have Fun!

1 comment:

Megan said...

It looks like his teeth finally fell out. That was depressing.