Thursday, February 26, 2009

Interesting.

I smoked cigarettes for many years, and I'd be a liar if I said I never flicked a butt out the window. The fact is, though, that it is littering and a fine is certainly fair in such a case. I don't see a problem with having the person attend a review, as in this case, if they do not accept the fine. The lady here just appears to be kind of a whiny crybaby who thinks she may be able to get some sort of litigated compensation if she cries foul enough. The really interesting thing here, though, is that apparently the UK has "environmental crime officers." Like Captain Planet? That's kind of wild. I wonder what kind of training is required, because even if I do believe that people are straight up whacko as far as the environment is concerned, I believe that I want that job.

No comments: