Tuesday, May 18, 2010

When Did Embarrassment Become Sufficient Punishment?

Woody is at again and in less than a week.
I wonder if Polanski takes comfort from this when it comes from Woody Allen. Well, they are of like mind. Maybe he does.
And part of me thinks Woody isn't speaking on Polanski's behalf at all, but making a plea for himself. The quote should read, "I was embarrassed by the whole thing... I have suffered... and I have paid my dues. I am an artist and a nice person... who did something wrong and I have paid for it."

1 comment:

Maximum Colossus said...

Some people in the entertainment world live in an alternate universe that forever spins around themselves. They are not bound by the laws or even the loosest morals that the rest of us tend to abide by. They are free to rape young girls, kill their wives or glorify 3rd world dictators as they see fit.

Well, at least Polanski seems to be aware that he was deserving of some punishment, even if his idea of consequence is warped beyond the comprehension of the rest of us "peripherals." Still, the guy is a sleazebag.