Friday, May 05, 2006

I Must Be A Racist

This past Monday was a walkout day for Hispanics protesting for their immigration rights. I have been witness to two such protests so far, and I have to say that they really annoy me. Not because I'm for or against them, but rather because I see many of them flying Mexican flags. It really chaps my hide to see them demanding more rights from our great country and then disrespecting us by flying another country's flag. It just goes to show that they don't want to assimilate, but rather, the United States should just bend over backward to accomodate these poor pitiful creatures. I would create a link to show you all a picture of these protesters waving Mexican flags, but unfortunately, I cannot find any news sites that have any pictures of protesters waving flags other than Old Glory. HHHHMMMM.....I wonder why that is? I saw more Mexican flags than US flags at the last protest. Now, onto the next item of my racist agenda. As you are all probably aware, Cinco de Mayo is on Sunday. Can anyone please tell me why we as US citizens should give a rip about this holiday? Why do people expect me to celebrate a Mexican victory? I am not Mexican, nor have I ever lived in that country. Maybe we should move down there and force them to celebrate the 4th of July, because it's basically the same holiday. Or, maybe it's just that Mexico really is starting to overtake our country. The next time someone asks you if you are celebrating Cinco de Mayo, ask them what it represents and why you should celebrate. I doubt most people other than Mexicans actually know. Well, I really have to go now.....Don't want to be late for my Espanol lessons!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Cinco De Mayo is today not Sunday you goof. 5th of May.

Maximum Colossus said...

Interesting. I can more or less get on board with your first point. As far as Conco de Mayo, I don't think anyone of Mexican heritage is pushing you to celebrate that holiday. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, that isn't even actual Mexican Independence day. Personally, I think Americans just enjoy having an excuse to get bombed on tequila. And on a Friday? Oh, hell yeah! Bring it on!

Maximum Colossus said...

Conco? Four years of Spanish there, people!

Maximum Colossus said...

It's A victory over France, not their actual Independence Day.

An excuse is always nice for us "problem drinkers."

Unknown said...

St. Patrick's Day? What about that? Nonetheless, I say we need more holidays, not fewer and if it is holiday about France getting beat by Mexico, then I am all for it.

Maximum Colossus said...

Sadly, France came back and whooped Mexico's ass. Mexico wasn't able to claim its independence until the end of the American Civil War, when we were able to offer them the weapons and supplies they needed.

Unknown said...

Fantastico Senor Kingly. Tu Conoces Mucho.