Monday, May 29, 2006

A New Look?!?

Whoah! Long live the Jefferies' Tube! I can whole heartedly reccomend a book based on the new style of Blogust. "Star Trek Memories" is very light reading. It's authored by William Shatner and gives some great insight into the creation of the original T.V. series. One thing I found quite interesting is that Sci-Fi conventions have exsisted since the 40's, twenty years before Star Trek first aired. In fact, Gene Roddenberry showed two pilot episodes, "The Cage" and "Where No Man Has Gone Before" at Tricon, one of the first and oldest Sci-Fi conventions and recieved a standing ovation. Isaac Asimov was in the crowd.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip. As for the site I worked on it a little yesterday, but I can't seem to figure out how to put the title "Blogust" next to the Slavegirl. Any suggestions?

Arvin Leroux said...

Hmm. I don't know. I tried briefly to check the source but no solutions jumped out at me. I'll poke around some more...