Sunday, November 28, 2010

I'm Proud To Say I Haven't Seen Any Movies By Ashley Judd

Because buying tickets for her movies would help support the mass rape of my eyes and ears.

oh to be rich and full of guilt Then I too could take personal responsibility for the lives of people in Congo. My self importance would be through the roof and I would show a new swagger in my step. A swagger I'm sure you'll all notice.
I can hear it now:
"Hey Blogust, you look good. What have you been doing with yourself these days?"
"oh nothing. Just slaughtering and raping thousands of people with a mere swipe of my credit card. Yeah, that's right. I have that kind of power. Now out of my way, slave, so that I can go on-line and brood about it. Oh and by the way, the laptop I will be using to write my post will result in the rape of a grandma, a grandpa and their dog. Boo-Yaw!"

In her words:
"And that is how I, on my way to Democratic Republic of Congo to educate myself first hand about conflict minerals and advocate for a clean supply chain, am at the same time utterly complicit. My electronics, received as gifts or purchased, profit armed militias and support slavery. I am financing mass rape as I enjoy these ridiculously Global North ultra-efficiencies and conveniences, for large scale rape is the preferred predation mining interests use to humiliate and terrify local populations, in order to control resource areas. The UN notes that virtually every mine in DRC is militarized. This means little to no tin, tantalum, and tungsten is mined free of brutal exploitation, extortion, violence, rape, rape, rape."

2 comments:

Maximum Colossus said...

You've never seen an Ashley Judd movie?

Unknown said...

no. I checked her wikipedia page and I haven't seen one.