Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Think of the Children!

Sledding banned in some place or other. Is this a case of an overprotective community overreacting to a couple of broken bones or is this a case of frivolous lawsuits against a town forcing them to shut down an enjoyable pastime? Who knows, anymore, but outlaw the frivolous lawsuits before you outlaw the sledding and see what happens.

As for the claim that sleds being faster than they used to be causing the problems, I gotta call bullshit. I'm sure that sled technology has improved over the years, but it's not like they have rocket boosters in them these days. I mean, are they Acme sleds? People have always gotten hurt in sledding ACCIDENTS, they just didn't have a hundred lawyers standing around waiting to get them theirs after it happened. I've said it before and I'll say it again, lawyers have done away with accidents in our society and we all quite literally pay for it every day.

No comments: