Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Less New York, Maybe?



I'm assuming this is an ad designed to get gay marriage okayed in New York, and I'm frankly rather surprised they'd waste the money. Isn't New York the most enlightened liberal mecca in the world? I mean, do they have predominantly Catholic minorities brickwalling the cause there too? It's the Italians, isn't it? Anyway, it seems kind of smug to say that New Yorkers are totally for gay marriage when if that were the case, there would be no need to bother campaigning. Anyway, if Barbara Bush wants to like, grab dinner and talk about it, I'm free pretty much any night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Who says marriage is about love? Marriage is about dowries, sheep trading and populating the planet so that our progeny can take over other countries. Geez, we sure have lost our way.

Unknown said...

In all seriousness, when reading Hotair I learned that Dick Cheney and Laura Bush are both supporters of gay marriage. Which is fine only because gay marriage is not a Democrat vs. Republican issue and they prove that.
With that said I still contend that gay marriage is not marriage no matter how the vote swings.
To me it's like when the Supreme Court ruled that the tomato was a vegetable in 1893 to support the Tarriff Act of 1883 and then changing it to a fruit years later. (actually I don't know how either of those two issues are related. I'm just grasping at straws here.)
Still, gay marriage is not marriage.