Friday, January 25, 2008

Autism: The New Dyslexia

I don't know about you guys, but up here, Portland radio seems to air an autism awerness ad like every 1/2 hour. And stupid shit too like "1 out of 50,000 children will want hotdogs for dinner, while 1 out of 150 children will be diagnosed with Autism."
OK, so I made the hotdog part up, but not the 1-150 part. That is for real.
I mean come on! Does anyone believe that? Didn't we go through this with Dyslexia in the 80's and ADD in the 90's? Needless to say, I am skeptical of their numbers. Anyway, Fumento has something to say about Autism and injections.

4 comments:

Maximum Colossus said...

I don't care to read that article, so maybe he covers my theory, which is: A lot of those kids are just stupid and their parents can't handle it.

Unknown said...

You are probably right. The obvious connection between dyslexia, ADD and Autism is they are all learning disabilities. Parents need to make up excuses to explain why their kids are in the brown group at school. Wait, I was in the brown group. Scratch that last part. As for the article, it basically says their is no evidence that certain injections creates autism.

Maximum Colossus said...

Yeah, that is horse manure. And I always kind of thought you were Autislexic, BTW.

Maximum Colossus said...

My question is, do these people that come up with these cockamamie theories like injections retard people get paid tons of government money to look into it? Or do the tons of money come from somewhere else?