Sunday, October 19, 2008

CJ Is Right...

I am going to get an aneurysm. I can't wait till all this is over.
Grrrrr!

Anyway, I heard this really great story about John McCain on the radio today and I want to share it with you.

During the Vietnam war, a man named Bud Day was captured by the North Vietnamese and sent to the Hanoi prison camp. Day was able to escape from the camp, the only man to have done so, but was later recaptured by the Viet Cong and sent back to prison. His right arm was broken as punishment for his escape and was set crooked so that he would never be able to fly an airplane again. (he was a pilot, ya know)

John McCain, who was more seriously injured and emaciated, became his cell mate and after seeing Day's condition, took it upon himself to gather bamboo sticks, rebreak Day's arm, and set it properly by using the bamboo sticks as a splint. As a result for what McCain had done, the prison guards seperated the two men and held McCain in solitary confinement for 2 years.

When Day was finally sent home, a U.S. medical doctor asked if the Vietnamese were kind enough to set his arm for him. Bud Day informed him that his arm was fixed by "Dr. McCain"
Bud Day returned to flying after the war was over and from what I understand, is still flying today.

Isn't that a lovely story? Anyone ever heard it before? Yeah, I thought so. Me neither.
If I hadn't been listening to the radio on my way to the Charger game I may have never heard it.
So there you have it. My post for the day....I think
Wait! Am I missing something? I feel like I am missing. Oh duh! Silly me, I almost forgot. Colin Powell, one of the men who is knee deep in the Iraq War, a Republican and a military man, just endorsed Obama for President and Blahbitty blahbitty blah blah blah.....
Read this

No comments: