Friday, October 17, 2008

The Relevant Post Of The Day

Here
I was pretty stupid when I was a kid and didn't finish many a reading assignments either, but i assure you it had nothing to do with autism... I think. Although I wish I did have autism because the article is saying time out shouldn't be used at all. At least not on autistic kids. And with the way the autism epidemic is going, it's a wonder who that will include .
First they took away the beatings and now no time outs? What else is left?
Taking away all the teachers fun aren't they.

I am not saying this little girl isn't autistic, but the real issue for me is this.
3 hours does seem a little harsh. and in a cupboard or whatever that was? When I was a kid it was like 15 minutes.... 1 hour tops. Anything that warranted more than that and it was off to the principal, but class rules do need to be enforced.
I am really starting to wonder where all this "autism" stuff is leading us. I have become so paranoid about liberals that I see a conspiracy in this as well.

By the way, I remember my teacher teaching us students a clever way to remember the different spellings of principal and principle. Principal must be remembered as your pal. Princi"pal".
Well my second grade princi"pal" had me in his office one time to give me and this other kid a spanking for kicking in peoples lunch boxes outside the classroom.
Fortunately for me he didn't get ahold of moms for permission.

No comments: