Thursday, October 23, 2008

Newt Gingrich

Blogust and I had a conversation the other day regarding Newt. In our youthful days, before we knew better, I was told that Newt Gingrich was an evil and stupid person. Who always said this? The media. So I believed it.

Now I'm older, and there are more media outlets, and I've come to highly respect this man. He is incredibly smart, knows a lot about a lot, and speaks his mind well. I've become very angry with those who spun him as an evil moron.

Speaking of media created evil morons, there's also Karl Rove. I never knew who he was when the media kicked him around, but now that he's not working for Bush and I get to hear him talk, he also has become someone I like.

Here's the latest from Newt.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Agreed. I used to think he and Rove were both idiots. After listening to both of them I found out how wrong I was. They are two great examples of how the media creates perception.