Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The KKK Took My Baby Away

( Hail to the king of power chords and down strumming)

Anyone who is an uber Ramones fan, like the Baron and I are, knows that Johnny Ramone was a big time Republican and Joey was a devout liberal. ( I would say Democrat, but I am not sure how far it went) So much so that their politics were built into their music.
"Bonzo Goes To Bitberg" being the most obvious example.

Another example would be "The KKK Took My Baby Away".
From what I understand, Joey's girlfriend, Linda, dumped Joey to date and later marry Johnny. Joey was so upset by the breakup that he penned the song "The KKK took my baby away" (because all libs accuse conservatives of being racists or nazis or fascists. Joey appeared to be no different)


Which brings me to the main point of this post.
Over at conservative punk, it is being reported that the widow of Johnny Ramone, Linda Ramone, is now going on the campaign trail for John McCain.

Ha! Joey must be rolling over in his grave while Johnny is cheering in his.

No comments: