Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hmmmm....

I was listening to the radio today and of course the airwaves were filled with the whole gay marriage topic and I heard something sorta interesting. One of the two old ladies, who were married in Gavin Newsome's office and have since been lionized by the media, was quoted to have said
""I don't think we would have gotten married if we hadn't gotten corralled into it,'
It won't make a difference in her relationship with Martin, 87. They have their wills in place. They share common property, including their home overlooking the city that they bought for $11,000 in 1955."

When I went looking for the quote, I found this quote instead.
"I don't think we would have gotten married if we'd gotten corralled into it," here

Odd. Did I hear it wrong the first time?
So I went digging and I had to really dig to find the other article.
Does we'd mean we hadn't? No! (not that I needed to look that up, but I was starting to doubt my public education) Was this a typo or was it intentional?
Both articles are from U.S. Today and both are written by the same person, Janet Kornblum.
So which is it? we'd or we hadn't
You decide.

Very Fishy.

No comments: