Sunday, September 21, 2008

The New Messiah?

We joked about the number of people who showed for Obama's rally here in Portland. It was the biggest showing at that time with 70,000+.
Well 60,000 showed up for Palin in Florida
Hmmmm a new cult of personality?
My bias says, of course not. Portland is the Borg collective with very few Republicans. I don't know if Oregon has ever voted for a Republican, while Florida is a battleground state 6 times the population of Oregon. I say she just rallied a Republican base that is becoming more concerned about an Obama presidency.
Ahhh, who am I foolin
It is more likely that people are again geeked over another "celebrity" candidate.

1 comment:

BVM said...

Obama didn't let Florida's votes be counted in the primaries. I'm sure that has something to do with it.