Friday, September 19, 2008

Update On Bottled Water Deal.

So, a couple of weeks ago I posted that a group of people at my work were trying to remove bottled water from our vending machines and conference rooms in the name of conservation, and I treated you to a typical e-mail from one of my hippy co-workers. Today there are new signs that just went up in our breakrooms encouraging people to drink our filtered water out of mugs instead of using bottled water. The signs show a graphic of a generic water bottle filled 1/3 full of oil and it is accompanied by the poorly worded message "Every Bottle of water you drink uses this much Oil per Bottle." Aside from being redundant, I'm pretty sure that's a lie. I mean, where do they get this? Is that the amount of oil it takes to make a bottle's worth of plastic? to run the machine that makes the bottles? Seems a bit much. And seriously, I'm going to need you to master the English language before I start following your lead. Just wanted to pass this along.

3 comments:

Tenacious E said...

Your work has oil in it's bottled water....Awesome! Can you hook me up?

BVM said...

You should make another sign that says:

"Your brain on a bumper sticker" and have your sign point to that sign.

Then you could get in this big sign war and it would be funny.

Unknown said...

Aren't they also saying "Every Bottle of water you drink is cheaper than this much Oil per Bottle." Economic lesson that is teaching you economics. See, I can do it too.