Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Obama's Corner


I almost gave up on talking about this whole Lipstick on a Pig comment after Barack said, "Spare me the phony outrage"

I thought to myself "what is the use?... To the average voter, it will just seem like the same old back and forth B.S. that people accuse both Republicans and Democrats of doing. Why waste my time?" But as I thought about it further, it isn't Republicans and Democrats. It's Barack Obama. He is in a league of his own and he is juvenile.

But instead of further stating my own opinions about the situation, I think I will quote some of my favorites that I've read today.

'What if McCain said, "If you put a pantsuit on a Pig... then it is still a Pig."' - heard that on the Laura Ingraham show

"When Obama denies having targeted Palin, keep in mind that everyone instantly made the connection." - Hugh Hewitt

'Wasn't it Obama who said words matter by constantly repeating "Just Words? Just Words?"' - couldn't find the link but I read that in a comments box.

And my favorite one in response to Obama's comment "Phony outrage"
"Yo, Barry, how about spare us your whole phony self?" - Bashman at Patdollard.com

Last but not least, straight from the pigs mouth
“I hope you guys are up for a fight. I hope you guys are game because I haven’t been putting up with 19 months of airplanes and hotel food and missing my babies and my wife – I didn’t put up for that stuff just to come in second,” he said. “I don’t believe in coming in second. The American people can’t afford for us to come in second.” - Barack Obama

In case you missed it, here is the video. Notice the audience laughing half way through the supposed "phony outrage."

2 comments:

BVM said...

Its the pause after he says "You can put lipstick on a pig" that nails him.

He delivers it with the intent of innuendo. He says the first part, waits for a reaction, and then continues.

Unknown said...

And the audience cheers before he is finished. For a joke that isn't that funny unless... well you know... If Palin hadn't said what she said, I feel his comment would have been just another comment as far as the audience was concerned. Maybe a little clapping and laughing, but not the stand up and cheer reaction he got. He knew what he was doing.