Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Interesting.

It seems medical students may be learning their techniques from television shows like ER, and this is leading to some instances of incorrect procedure (on only one type of procedure). I find this stuff fascinating, especially in regards to how forensic procedurals are killing so many court cases by misinforming juries. The problem, though, with the article I've linked is that true to form in almost all panic inducing media freak-outs certain seemingly important facts are left out. Most notably for me is that there is absolutely no information given so much as estimating how many injuries, deaths, etc. these incorrect procedures have caused. So how am I supposed to know if an actual problem exists at all?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Indeed. More the one way to skin a cat comes to mind. Wait, I should say that on your other post.