Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Am Not Homophobic

I am not homophobic. I am not afraid of the reprisals when I say that gay marriage is not right or at all commonsensical. I am not at all scared when I admit to people that I believe most people who support gay marriage have a low opinion of marriage to begin with. That the reason they think gay unions is the same as normal marriage is that they believe the whole institution is pointless and that "ALL" people are allowed to perform this pointless acts.

I am not afraid to admit that the institution of marriage is not a pointless act and is in fact one of the more important institutions we hold.

I am not afraid to know that homosexuality is different from heterosexuality.

I am not afraid to admit that my disgust for homosexuality isn't just a learned behaviour. In fact, the opposite is true. I had to learn to accept the homosexual lifestyle and though it still grosses me out, I learned that it is apart of life, but I am not afraid to recognize that it is an unusual apart of life and is noteworthy.

I am not homophobic.

6 comments:

Maximum Colossus said...

I have to believe you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone of that. Fer shame.

Unknown said...

Which part?

Maximum Colossus said...

That you are not a homophobe. Did a gay guy take your lunch money or something?

Unknown said...

I think you know what I mean by it. I will admit one thing, I am in a really bummer of a mood today and I may not be taking a very subtle approach in order to get my point accross. I am trying to say that I think many people feel the same way about marriage as I do, but are afraid to let people know because they are intimidated and don't want to be called homophobic. In other words they are phobic. I don't know, maybe I should sleep on it, collect my thoughts and try to tackle this again in the future.

Maximum Colossus said...

Maybe you should just beat yourself up about it for a while then go hug a queer to make yourself feel better. Damn homophone.

BVM said...

Is this in response to the latest congressional ruling on "hate" speech?