Sunday, April 05, 2009

Our President Is Embarrassing Us

This is the kind of speech you would expect to hear at a beauty pageant. What did Miss America have for us next, "Why can't we be friends" on the oboe? Gugghhh!
And I take exception to this whole, "we are the only ones to use a nuclear bomb therefore we should lead by example" bullshit. How bout, no more benevolent dictators = no more bombings.
Problem solved.
Nuclear war averted.

Now here's this. To me, nothing major, but I do get the feeling that the Saudi king should be bent over when Obama gives him this beautiful gesture.

4 comments:

Maximum Colossus said...

Maybe he was ducking a shoe.

Arvin Leroux said...

I didn't know bowing was custom in either British or Saudi culture

Unknown said...

I know what you mean, Arvin. Maybe he thought they were sparring.

Arvin Leroux said...

Yeah, and I've always thought oboes sounded like dying ducks.