Thursday, August 10, 2006

Everybody Gets A Whole Snow Cone.

Here's another article about how American parents are wussifying their kids. This is pretty much old news these days, but it never fails to piss me off. My favorite line:

"When we went to school, people were bullied. Now we know kids have a much greater instance of suicide and depression when they've been bullied," she says.

I think it's probably far more depressing to turn 14 and realize you suck at everything, but that's just me. I don't have kids. Incidentally, my feelings on the war don't mean squat either.

1 comment:

BVM said...

On the head. If kids would just be tought to fight back or at least stand up for themselves, I guess they would not be so depressed. I can speak to this in my own life more than I care to admit.

Hell, the best friend a kid can make is the person he just fought with at school.

But then again, don't kids carry guns at school now?