Thursday, June 21, 2007

Looks Like It Is "Honor The Troops" Day

I say that because I see that the Baron has a draft he hasn't posted yet about the troops. Can't wait to see it.

I was watching PBS the other day and they were doing a bit on the Fallujah campaign of two years ago and on the Iraq war in General. I knew right way that I shouldn't get sucked into a PBS report, a channel who follows in the footsteps of NPR who also likes to dabble in "lies through omission", but it was too late, I was hooked.

They spoke of Abu Ghraib, the January 2005 Iraqi election, but of course not the December 2005 election and how Iraq is in a "Civil War" and yadda yadda yadda. All right of the lefts playbook. I was so close to turning the channel, but I just couldn't seem to do it. Until they spoke about that Marine who killed the old man who he thought was booby trapped. The report went as you would imagine it would, talking about the killing but never describing the circumstances. In a tizzy, I yelled at the screen and turned the channel.

The arrogance is astonishing to me I wonder when the media weill ever quit. Thankfully, this report made those feelings all better. Highly Recommended.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have learned since posting this link that the "Lone Survivor" was one of four SEALS attacked by 100 Taliban. A helicopter of 16 soldiers, I think they were also SEALS, was shot down trying to save them. So out of 20, he is the soul survivor. For two or more days, I am not too sure how long, he was hunted by the Taliban and shot numerous times. Finally he was taken in by an Afghan. village who protected him and cared for his wounds.
Totally amazing.
And some how the only way this 2 year old story has reached the Amercian public is through a book he had to write.
Stories like these are going to embarrass the media.