Monday, July 14, 2008

Interesting POV

I've surfed in Santa Barbara. Afterwards you are covered with oil spots on you and your board. Because of my biased schooling, I always thought it was from oil rigs. But then local surfers told me "Nope, its all natual". Which made more sense to me. If there's oil in that area, then the pressure of the earth pushing down on it might make it seep through cracks. It was then that I really started to change my opinion on offshore drilling.

This is an interesting discussion. Dirty ol' Mother Earth polluting herself...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Why is this even up to the congress? Shouldn't it be a state issue?
Wait, don't answer that. I already know the reason.

BVM said...

I understand your frustration. But in this case, given our sheep-in-wolf's clothing Governator, I think its good that it goes before Congress.

The option to drill is becoming popular. Pressure from all US citizens will help pressure Congress.

If Congress approves, I'm sure it will still come down to an individual state vote, but the pressure will then transfer to the individual states.

Yes, I understand that the Feds being able to declare a moratorium is a problem in the first place, given State's rights.

Unknown said...

You said it. Arnold is a major turncoat. I saw Arnold on George Stephanopoulos and I couldn't believe the things he was saying. A totally different platform. Losing that vote he tried to put through 3 years ago must have really screwed him up. Now he is like any other politician. More concerned with being liked rather than doing what is right.

Unknown said...

Oh, and I feel the Dems fear that once they authorize for offshore drilling, prices will go down immediately at the pump and the American people will see their policies for what they really are.
Could you imagine how they will spin that one?