Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, Lend Me Your Ears

Obama Speech Stage Resembles Ancient Greek Temple

Anyone watch Clinton last night? Wow, really worth watching. She was a completely different performer than she was a few months ago and she made me smile for two reasons...
1. After last nights speech, I was glad to know Barack beat her.
2. After last nights speech, I think many Dems were feeling buyers remorse.

Bill is speaking tonight and I think it is only going to compound the feeling that the Dems might have made a mistake. Obama is going to have to really dazzle them on Thursday if he doesn't want to be overshadowed by the Clintons, which he could do, but I am not sure if he will pull it off.
Hillary spent most of last nights speech talking about her personal accomplishments and very little about Obama himself. Obama has no accomplishments and no such luxury. What will he say? More about hope and change? It will be worth tuning in.

UPDATE: "Is this from the Onion?" quipped a McCain adviser Sweet!

2nd UPDATE: Double sweet! With the amount of times the camera panned to Bill last night, ya know this one is going to sting, that is, if he really does skip it..

2 comments:

BVM said...

She may speak well, but that voice...

Monika was not even watching it, but the sound of it made her ask me to change the channel.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I know. Not as bad as usual, but still horrible.

Did you see her get rollin' though? 2/3 into it she started really getting passionate. I have never seen her seem believable before. I think this was her swan song.