Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Prediction For Tonight's Debate

Tonights debate is not going to be like it was last week. It wont be a win for our guy. The most we can hope for on this one is a tie.
Here's why
Biden wants this one.  He wants it bad. When his time is done as VP, Biden plans to run for president and he knows, like all the rest of us, that his time could be as early as 2016. Obama's heart is not in the game anymore, but Biden's is and I don't underestimate the power of desire.
Biden is a believer and more importantly a believer in the Democrat party.   Unlike Obama he is a true blue Democrat. O is a progressive, which in my mind means hater.  O has no respect for Romney, but he does have disdain (maybe not for Romney personally, but for people like him) as a result he chose to ignore his would be challenger rather than prepare for him. (Not to mention it's becoming abundantly clear O has no material to speak of and no ideas and so preparation was probably useless)  Biden will not make the same mistake. He believes in the cause, his career, his party and mostly his reputation as Good Ol Uncle Joe who can get tough when he has to... Just ask Bork.
Lastly, he's done this before. Ryan has not, at least not like Biden. He can handle the pressure and move on from his mistakes, which he has made a lot of over his career.  I'm not so sure how Ryan will respond when he gets into a sticky situation during this debate.  Will he lose his cool?
What we have going for us in this race tonight is talent and message.  Ryan has the talent and the message down pat, but is not an experienced debater. I'm not going to spend tonight's debate waiting for a gaffe from Biden, but I will spend it expecting Ryan's message to get out.  If he is calm I think he will do that. This President is the worst.  I mean the worst ever!  I'm not so sure if he is actually talented, or intelligent or even kind hearted anymore, but he needs to go.  I suspect Romney will have to do almost all the heavy lifting.

5 comments:

Maximum Colossus said...

You forget that Biden is an idiot, who sticks his foot in his mouth at every turn. Or maybe he's just a master panderer, but that only works when you are lathering up your base. He will try to shoe-horn race and the War on Women into every answer an he will look like a fool for doing so. Biden is a poor man's Bill Clinton even if he somehow sees him self as the real Bill Clinton. Difference is, Bill was cunningly folksy, while Biden is a downright buffoon. Ryan may not have debated on the big stage before, but he handles the stage well, and I don't see him losing out to this moron tonight.

Unknown said...

Biden is going to make up numbers on the fly and accuse Romney and Ryan for supporting policies that don't exist. I don't want this to rattle Ryan. We already know how he responded to that reporter who "stuff words in peoples mouths." Be cool and don't hit back. Hit the administration as a whole. That's how he should do it. Pretend Biden isn't worth the debate but the policies he supports are.

Maximum Colossus said...

My one concern is that Ryan does have a tendency towards eye-rolling in the face of stupidity, which comes across kind of badly. And there will be stupidity.

Unknown said...

Wait, I just realize I wrote something stupid in my post. Of course Biden knows his time will be in 2016 regardless if Obama wins or loses. I'm glad I'm not debating tonight.

Maximum Colossus said...

Blanka not impressed.