Friday, June 23, 2006

Jon Stewart Should Anchor CNN, ABC, NBC and CBS

Here is an article by Richard Morin who claims the Daily Show might be an enemy of Democracy. Why? Well, according to Morin, viewers of Jon Stewarts show "develop cynical views about politics and politicians that could lead them to just say no to voting."

I say good, it is better for this country. Morin shows that most people who watch the Daily Show are College students. To me this means two things.
1. Daily Show viewers probably don't have a job
2. Daily Show viewers probably vote Democrat
Besides, anyone who would turn to Jon Stewart for Political guidance... well, lets just say we are better off. Don't get me wrong, I have laughed at a some of things he has said, but like I said before, Craig Kilborn was way better.

3 comments:

BVM said...

Did you actually say:

"Daily Show viewers ~probably~ vote Democrat" ?

Probably?

Unknown said...

The point is though, the people who watch The Daily Show do take it seriously.

BVM said...

Huh, I actually agree with the Post's column. The only petitions I'll be signing are those stating that I don't like Jon Stewart.