Wednesday, August 22, 2007

America Tops The List In Cancer Survival Rates


Unless I misread you guys, I think everyone on this blog feels that Universal Healthcare would be a disaster, but it is hard to combat the idea of "Free Healthcare For All" when healthcare costs are so high.
For me, I agree with Prager on this issue. The idea of everyone getting equal coverage is just a slogan that is being slung by misguided liberals who strive for a "perfect" society. And with Sicko just being released, this issue is only going to grow in size, so it is important to arm people with better information.
I know that insurance prices are outrageous. In fact, I am dealing with high medical costs as we speak, but Universal Healthcare is just not the answer and I feel that some politicians who support this program, do it purely for political gain, while the others, are just too idealistic.
We do need to imrpove healthcare in this country, but going around with a slogan like "Free Healthcare" is stupid and wrong. You know what I feel we should do. Take the Govt. out of the Healthcare business. Let the market decide. Stop all the pointless lawsuits. Allow more doctors to open practices. Cutdown on full coverage insurance that allow people to use their coverage for skinned knees or the sniffles. Stop forcing businesses to handout healthcare to all their employees in giant healthcare package deals, which in turn drives up insurance costs. Lastly, stop paying for people who ... well ...I can't fully say it, but the idea of illegals getting healthcare does irk me a little. I just don't know what we should do with people who are hurt or sick and need attention, but can't get it because they aren't citizens. Moral Dilemma.
All in all, it wont be perfect, but I think it would be better than what we have and it will be good enough.
Anyway, I am getting long winded, you can read the article here.
Money quotes
England is on a par with Poland despite the NHS spending three times more on
health care.
and
England was the fifth worst in a league of 22 countries. Scotland came
bottom. Cancer experts blamed late diagnosis and long waiting lists.

No comments: