Thursday, August 23, 2007

Can You Spot The Problem?

I pulled this little gem out of the comments section on an article in the local paper about two chicks from L.A. who wrote some kind of snobby vegan diet book. I noticed a particular flaw in the person's statement. See if you can find it. I have the same problem sometime with religious zealots.

"As of yesterday, I have been vegan for 14 years. My wife has been vegan for 6 years and my son has been vegan since conception and he is 5. We have another baby on the way. I am not a hippy and I don't wear Birkenstocks. I didn't go vegan to get skinny. None of us are ashen-faced or listless and never have been.

We don't eat out alot but when we do, we have no problem finding delicious vegan food....thai, indian, italian, moroccan, vietnamese, japanese and many others. It is a personal preference to be vegan and as long as you make sure you get enough protein and vitamins and minerals, you are good to go."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I assume it is this one
"It is a personal preference to be vegan and as long as you make sure you get enough protein and vitamins and minerals"

Maximum Colossus said...

Coupled with the statement that their child has been a vegan since conception. That's a tough lifestyle decision for a newborn.

Unknown said...

:-)