Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Real Star Of The New Simpsons Movie

That's right, it was Lisa Simpson.
Before I start I just want to say that I was going to write a review on this movie, but then I realized I am not very good at it. So here is what to expect.
1. Hillary Clinton as Itchy's running mate for the '08 presidency.
2. Green Day sinking into the polluted springfield lake after giving a speech about the environment, followed by, American Idiot playing on a church organ during Sunday Service.
3. Arnold Schwarzenegger as sitting President whose biggest line is "I was elected to lead not to read"
4. Two Male Cops kissing
5. Ralph Wiggum announcing he is gay after seeing Bart's dick. ( I am sure it is a joke against people who think you can learn to be gay, but I could be wrong)
6. NSA wiretapping
7. Oil drilling in Alaska
8. Big Brother! Big Brother! Big Brother!
9. Homer is beyond stupid and annoying, but to be fair, he does have some really funny moments.
10. Marge as doting and pious housewife who is once again fed up with Homer.
11. Intelligent Design joke. (not that I care... just expect it)
12. Bart hating his Dad and wishing to be a Flanders.
13. A plot so chaotic it felt like it was written as the movie went.
14. Most of the characters in the Simpsons world have very, very small parts, with cledus the slack jawed yokel as one of the bigger characters.
And Finally
15. Lisa Simpson. The clear star of the movie. Watch her as she pays tribute to "an inconvenient truth", goes door to door petitioning for the environment, punch out Bart Simpson, and ultimately fall in love with a little Irish Boy who cares about the environment and plays four musical instruments. It is a SE portlanders wetdream.
Overall the movie was not as smart as it pretended to be. But that is just one mans opinion.
Needless to say, I was bored.
UPDATE: Looks Like I am really in the minority on this one.

8 comments:

BVM said...

New Simpsons is just about the worst thing on TV after SNL.

I can't believe you paid to see that thing.

BTW, I finally saw Transformers. Fun time.

Maximum Colossus said...

Why would you tell me what to expect. I didn't want to know what to expect.

Unknown said...

Well I said "what to expect" so that you would stop reading if you didn't want to know what happened.

Maximum Colossus said...

I did stop reading, but you're still an idiot.

Unknown said...

Sorry for spoiling the movie guys. I announced it was a spoiler in the first draft, but when I rewrote it, I left out that bit. I thought that by having a list, people would stop reading if they didn't want to know. My bad.

Maximum Colossus said...

I didn't really care. It's a Simpsons movie for cryin' out loud.

Unknown said...

That is what I thought. Geez, sometimes I don't when your serious or just kidding. I thought you were pissed.

Maximum Colossus said...

Fuck you!!!