Monday, October 13, 2008

Annie Get Your Gun

I think Comrade would have something to say about this.

"Also, Mr. Obama would consider officially opening combat positions to women. Mr. McCain would not."

and then goes on to compare african american men to women.

"There was a time when African-Americans weren't allowed to serve in combat," Mr. Obama said. "And yet, when they did, not only did they perform brilliantly, but what also happened is they helped to change America, and they helped to underscore that we're equal.
And I think that if women are registered for service -- not necessarily in combat roles, and I don't agree with the draft -- I think it will help to send a message to my two daughters that they've got obligations to this great country as well as boys do."

I don't know what to make of this. I just thought it was interesting.

No comments: