Saturday, March 24, 2007

Portland Spirit

First off, I named this post the "Portland Spirit" because of the undying love so many Portlanders have for this country and because of this boat. I like boats.

Between $34.00 to $64.00, depending on the time of day, you can cruise on the Portland Spirit up and down the Willamette river. Willamette is pronounced [wi-lam-it] in case you were wondering.


A few days ago I posted a link to a picture of a soldier burning in effigy, as well as, a picture of a burning U.S. flag during the Portland Peace demonstration that happened a week ago. Unfortunately those photos were removed due to copyrights. So I am posting this new one instead.

This is the sort of thing that brings a tear to your eye doesn't it? But that is not all. Here is a report that describes one Portlander, at least in my opinion, exploding with pride.

UDPATE: THAT'S THE SPIRIT! This video has some pretty interesting chants. Pay close attention.

Peace Protest? What Peace Protest? Notice that no one really protests the actions shown on the video. One girl does make a vain attempt to sound philosophical, but it doesn't go anywhere, at least not as far as the video shows. I think her words go something like this "Dude, what about the disadvantaged people who step up to become soldiers because they are brainwashed? What about them guys?...I'm sorry, but violence begets violence." Nice try, but I think her words pretty much sum up the lefts attitude toward our military. It is either filled with fascists or losers. Thank you for that Portland.

No comments: