Friday, April 14, 2006

Mindless Friday Junk.

I caught one of the Blade movies the other night on TBS or USA or whatever and it got me to thinking. The Blade movies are slick, stylistic Hollywood fluff and I have absolutely nothing against that. I'm all about turning my brain off and enjoying some visceral entertainment. Of course, the third Blade movie really kind of sucked and had nothing going for it other than Jessica Biel, and that only makes it as good as an episode of 7th Heaven or the movie Stealth. Ouch! Anyway, watching these movies, it dawned on me how badly they missed the mark. I mean, here you have an underground society of vampires (the rock stars of the undead) with a horde of human followers who would do anything to join the ranks. Problem is, in the context of these movies, who the hell would ever want to be a vampire? I mean, unless you're one of the main, boss-type vamps you're barely stronger or more coordinated than a crippled old man. You're likely to immolate yourself while going through your mail with a fancy letter opener. Sign me up! Lame. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening.

No comments: