Sunday, April 30, 2006

No Blood for Oil, Unless You Want Oil

It is well within an individuals right to display whatever statement or statements one wants on a vehicle, "Princess," "I brake for naked ladies," and political propaganda all find thier way to the back end of cars. One fellow I saw last week had taken a yellow wax pencil or china marker and decorated the rear window of his Cherokee with his opinions concerning Iraq, Bush, and a handfull of other current event topics on his window. Written were things like "Support our Troops" and "Remember 9/11." Though these sentiments are hardly original, my interest was piqued when I read in the top right corner, rather small compared to the other phrases, "No oil for protesters". Meanwhile, the talk radio economist was blabbing about the record breaking price of crude and the record breaking quarterly profits of oil companies. Why would this guy want to prevent protesters from having oil?

I guess this driver feels that we are involved in Iraq over oil and that if you're against our involvement then you should not get any of the benefits, ie. the oil. Anyway, through all the pride and nationalism this fellow was showing, that one little comment let me know more about what kind of American he was than all the other slogans.

1 comment:

Maximum Colossus said...

I wonder if they make that in bumper sticker form?