Friday, February 02, 2007

Let Me Share.

This is my favorite thing I've read so far today. I'd post the whole article, but I think this sums it up nicely:

The phrase "very likely" translates to a more than 90 percent certainty that global warming is caused by man's burning of fossil fuels. That was the strongest conclusion to date, making it nearly impossible to say natural forces are to blame.

I'm sorry, same article, even better:

The new language marked an escalation from the panel's last report in 2001, which said warming was "likely" caused by human activity. There had been speculation that the participants might try to say it is "virtually certain" man causes global warming, which translates to 99 percent certainty.

And here's two articles that were linked right next to each other:

Barrier Reef could face extinction in less than 20 years - report

Jennifer Marohasy: Reef may benefit from global warming

This is why I can't stand this Global Warming bullshit. If the Great Barrier Reef thrives it's Global Warming. If it dies it's Global Warming. Too many big storms? Global Warming. Not enough big storms? Global Fucking Warming. Way to hedge your bets.

And I'm not saying there is nothing at all to Global Warming. The truth is, I don't know. But I have a strong feeling that as soon as they get a Dem back in the Whitehouse, this will fizzle out. They'll say it's because the Government is finally doing something, but the truth is, it's not nearly as bad as they want you to believe.

I wish Al Gore would make a movie where he calls me a Rock Star, so women would start throwing themselves at me in bars, grocery stores, Barnes and Nobleses...well, anywhere really. That would be awesome.

2 comments:

BVM said...

Heck,

One positive is that everything used to be blamed on Bush. Now everything is blamed on Global Warming. Take your sentence for example. A few years ago it would have been written as so:

This is why I can't stand this George Bush bullshit. If the Great Barrier Reef thrives it's George Bush. If it dies it's George Bush. Too many big storms? George Bush. Not enough big storms? George Fucking Bush. Way to hedge your bets.

Maximum Colossus said...

Sadly Baron, in the minds of most Dems, I believe they are one in the same.