Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Picture Of Dorian Gray

One of my favorite stories is from a book written by Oscar Wilde called The Picture of Dorian Gray, which was later put to film. I recommend both versions. The story is about an angelic boy who sells his soul in order to remain youthful. His soul ends up trapped in the painting and though he remains angelic in appearance, his heart starts to blacken. I always loved that story and sometimes I look around making my own comparisons to Dorian Gray. O.J., Michael Jackson, and maybe even Nicole Smith have been a few my victims. O.J. for example, is so blackened that he seems to be screaming to be freed from his own portrait. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if deep down inside he wishes he was found guilty. To bad. Hell on earth.
But the one thing I never considered, how it would affect a city. San Franisco for example. Would the city devour itself and blacken like Dorian Gray? I think it would and in fact I am convinced it is.
Watch this video.
Maybe I am overreacting a little. Maybe the comic book really is being used to show another side of story and it is good for kids development and has no intention to force feed lefty propaganda.
This could all be true if "IF" it were an isolated case. But it isn't. With a murder rate surpassing Oakland, A mayor more interested in his hair than his successes, human shit all over the streets, drug-use everywhere, and a basic overall contempt for anything American leads me to one conclusion. "GET OUT BARON! GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!"

6 comments:

Maximum Colossus said...

Wasn't it PORTRAIT, not picture.

And he was bad-ass in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. He totaly played Dracula's wife. Stupid vampire chick. But she totally got him in the end. "Here's your protrait, dumbass!" Burn! Totally underrated flick. Captain Nemo was da Bomb! Drove a kick-ass submarine, but still fought with a sword? Old School!!! Tom Sawyer was a bit too Backstreet Boy for me, though. And Dr. Jeckyll? Kind of worthless without Mr. Hyde, am I right?

Oh, and San Francisco blows. Hahahaha! Double entendre in your face!!!

Unknown said...

It is called The Picture of Dorian Gray, but whatever it is the same thing.

Maximum Colossus said...

Whatever, dude. You read books, nerd?

BVM said...

I don't live in SF. I could care less if the place suddenly disappeared.

Interesting that you say "Get Out". I understand you are having fun, but you can't just run and hide from these freaks.

I went to lunch with my pastor the other day and we had some good conversation about how in most of the US, we (Christians) would be the norm. But in the Bay Area, we're kind of the persecuted. Berkeley lost churches in the 60's because they didn't want to be around those kinds of people. My pastor and I both think that's a bad tactic. That's part of the reason his parent church chose to plant a new church here in Albany.

I mean, "Get Out" is exactly the chant of the left regarding Iraq. That's a bad idea.

Unknown said...

Yeah, but you make money. So if you get out, you will take it with you. I mean if everyone said screw this place and left, then SF would have to wake up.

BVM said...

SF will either wake up or continue its downward spiral.

People are not going to leave this area, but they will leave SF. Almost all my friends who once lived there eventually leave because the place sucks. They usually either move down the penninsula or over here to the east bay.

I see SF's downfall as a boon for the surrounding areas.