Friday, November 07, 2008

I Am Going To Barf

If I know any of you as well as I think I do then I know this will make you sick.
It is a post called "from 52 to 48 with love" and it appears to be some sort of internet olive branch. Check it out. You'll get the point.

What makes me mad the most is that we will have to take this peace offering. That is who we are, but I wish the post was a little more honest.
Stuff like "I'm sorry I was a crazy fucking lunatic for the past 8 years. That was really rude of me. And all those times I called you warmongers and burned the flag and spit on George Bush, well that was way out of line. I am lib, what can I say. I think in emotional terms and sometimes I can't control them. Anyway, I hope you all forgive us and I hope that you don't follow our bad example and bash our new president without mercy." That would have been better.

I stole this from Ace of Spades. Make sure you read his post. He did a far better job summing up his frustration than I did.

p.s. If you noticed, the post is designed to make it seem that both 52 and 48 came together in a mutual effort of solidarity. I am sorry, but I am not buying it. I assume the idea was hatched and created primarily by lefties. Oh well, like I said, we'll have to take it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody would have said this shit a week ago.

BVM said...

Hahaha.

Obama's win has made me learn one thing. Its kind of a reversal of a promise I made to myself years ago.

I'm not going to be as quiet publicly anymore.

I'm pretty set in my ways, but I've always been polite to friends and neighbors when it comes to political speak. Politics only divide, they don't unite. But I don't care as much about the divisiveness anymore. I've taken A LOT of bashing (not directly mind you, but in a kind of contact-high kind of way when you live around lefties) and I've almost always been quiet, and I'd smile. Just to be the better person.

I'm still going to be the better person, but I'm also not going to be as silent. I'll engage, but not argue.

I'm not going to pretend to drink the kool aid. I've learned that that just demeans me.

Maximum Colossus said...

I don't have to take shit. I'm not going to cry and scream and set things on fire and beat people up and call out the fix or any of the things that I know the lefties would have done if they had lost, and I'm not going to take this shit seriously. Obama won. I hope it works out. I don't believe it will, but it's out of my hands.

I can't drink a beer on the beach legally in San Diego ever again and I think it's a travesty, but the people have spoken and they don't want that right anymore, so I'll move on.

It's easy to be humble in victory, but look how the left has reacted to the battles they lost. Whether you believe Prop 8 was right or wrong, the majority of the people voted for it. Yet still the lefties are calling for the courts to overturn it. Screaming bloody murder, hiring lawyers and doing everything they can to get their way. The fight should be to get your issue on the ballot. Let the people decide. After that, you must wait for the tide to change. Fight for that change if you like, but realize that for the moment, the people have made their will clear.

Unknown said...

Reminders of how the 48 of 2004 reacted.

It's like having a relative who is bipolar and worrying about which emotion is going to show up during thanksgiving dinner.