Thursday, May 17, 2007

The 51st State

Republicans are all bumbed out about the deal the Senate has struck which will allow 12,000,000 + Mexican illegals to become legal in the U.S. Many are calling it Amnesty or some such shit like that. I say "So what?" We should be happy. Let em all come in. And then once Mexico is empty, we can create our 51st state.

I mean they already have their state flag, so the hard part is over.

Who doesn't like Mexico? Baja rules. They have great ruins and Lucha Libre is event you can take your family to. Not to mention all that cheap Mexican land.

Republicans often argue that the American culture will suffer if we allow illegals to gain legal status. I find this statement totally unfair. Our culture wont suffer. We have loads in common with Mexico. At least, in the areas that matter most.

1. Both countries love Mexican food.
2. Both love Baseball.
3. Both love Christmas.
4. And both countries can speak a fair amount of Spanglish. Need I say more?

As for the few areas where our cultures differ, well we can work them out. We have done it before. For example, Mexicans love Budweiser and Americans love Corona or Pacifico. Now that is what I call teamwork. The only negative I see to all of this is the amount of Soccer games we will have to watch on ESPN. But Hell! I am willing to compromise. Are you?

I say lets embrace this bill. We have been seperated from Mexico for far too long. Lets us come together as a people.

P.S. I am not kidding.

8 comments:

Maximum Colossus said...

A) Screw that.
B) Screw Soccer.

Unknown said...

Why screw that? Let me ask you. Which border would easier to enforce? The Mexican-American border or the New American-Guatemala/Belize border?

Maximum Colossus said...

From what I hear, we'd be having the same problems there too. Once we get that fence up, everything should be honky dory.

Unknown said...

I know. I am joking a little. But it sure does seem like that is the way we are headed.

BVM said...

Hmmm. Blogust, I remember something like these words coming out of your mouth when a Hispanic candidate didn't win for California Governor:

"Thank God, else we'd be up to our armpits in tortillas."

Unknown said...

Did I say that?

BVM said...

Yep.

Unknown said...

You are confusing me someone else.