Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I Know This Is Sad But I Couldn't Help Laughing.

I am not laughing at the tragedy but at the irony. Vegan couple gets life in prison for the death of their malnourished 6-week-old baby boy. The quotes "It takes a village" and "Meat is Murder" were the first things that came to mind after reading this article. I also thought of the other families who were sent to prison by doing what they thought was best for their child.

Later the mother was quoted to have said "I loved my son—and I did not starve him."

I believe her. And life in prison is a ridiculous sentencing. This couple is suffering enough and to throw them into prison for life is disgusting.

5 comments:

Maximum Colossus said...

That's even worse than Paris Hilton getting 45 days for driving on a suspended liscense.

BVM said...

Yep, the libs want us all to go back to an age where children died a lot more often.

Unknown said...

I would like to know what this couple thought about the Christian Science couple who were sent to prison for not taking their sick baby to the doctor.

Megan said...

I don't think this the first baby or the last that will be raised on a vegan diet. There are thousands of babies who have survived vegan diets...regardless of how stupid the diets are. I think the vegan issue is more sensational than factual. I think the defense attorneys used vegan as a lightning rod to take the jurors view away from the real issue which is even hippies can be convicted of child neglect.

Unknown said...

Interesting, but I am not quite following.