Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Big Wiener-Schnitzel

Gerhard Schroeder picked Hillary Clinton to win the white house during an economic forum hosting a large Saudi audience.
I'd be very pleased if Hillary Clinton would become the next American president

Later on he admitted that he hasn't been very popular of late and hopes that it doesn't rub off on Hillary.
But don't quote me too loud. I hope I'm not harming her by saying that.

Sorry Gerhard...it's too late!
If you ask me, he made this statement in order to bandage his bruised ego. Schroeder lost to Angela Merkel, who became the first woman Chancellor of Germany, last year and I think that he would see it as "Bush losing to a woman" if Clinton wins in '08. But I am just being petty.
Read

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I spent some time in Germany recently, the people I was with weren't too interested in the fact that the Chancellor is a woman. They were more interested in the odd party-alliances that came out of the election. Now, I don't know a lot about how Germany's multi-party system works, but there was something about the CDU joining forces with another party, perhaps the SPD, in the most recent election. I gather this was strange as they are generally in oppostition. The people I spoke with were all middle-twenties to thirties as well; I'm not sure what older generations think.

Unknown said...

Yeah, Merkel didn't win enough votes without having to form a coalition with Gerhard's party. So the her cabinet is made up of both parties. I can see Germany not caring so much that she is a woman. they are the ones who voted for her, but Gerhard is a jerk and so I am going to go one step further and say he is a sexist too. Time saver. Right Lord Kingly?