Thursday, February 16, 2006

What's With All The Commotion?

So, everybody is making a big, fat deal out of Vice President Cheney accidentally mistaking his buddy for a game bird and shooting him all over the face and chest. In fact, a friend of mine just forwarded me this article, illustrating the typical class with which the left report on such events.

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004550.htm

Truthfully, I think the situation is pretty funny, but if you're going to do an interview like that you can't half-ass it like this Milbanks character did. I mean, is it enough to merely don the hunting orange? I say no. I say it's an affront to our intelligence. Get someone with some comic wherewithal to write you some quality material, for crying out loud. Manicurists talking about global warming? There's potential there, but alas, Wilbanks is unable to deliver. Crickets, people, crickets.

As far as the incident itself, several people have posed the question, in both polite and impolite conversation, as to whether Cheney should be charged with manslaughter should Harry Whittington keel over as a result of the shooting. Tough question, if you ask me. I mean, you or I would probably take it in the keester over something like that, but you and I didn't go through all the bullshit hassle it takes to become Vice President of the United States of America. I say Cheney gets a pass. Seriously, Whittington's a lawyer anyway, so if you think Cheney should go down for this, I don't ever want to here the words, "What do you call 1,000 dead lawyers..."come out of your mouth.

No comments: