Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bettie Page: RIP


Bettie Page dies of a heart attack at age 85.
I'm not the biggest Bettie Page fan out there, but I do like the style that surrounds her image. (and the picture above is pretty great)
In many ways Bettie Page represents the innocence of yesterday. Innocent smut, so to speak and what was once considered risque is now plain old pop art. (oh the irony)
Have we taken it too far? I say we have, but I also say we can turn back.
I read a pretty cool quote while looking into this story.
"Gluttony satiates but does not satisfy."
Hmmmmm... I like it.
Anyway, maybe I'll talk more about that some other day.
-
If you are interested to see what she looked like at age 80 here you go.
Not bad at all for 80. Ya think she had a facelift?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! She still had the bangs at 80! Hawt!

Maximum Colossus said...

Have we gone too far? With smut? Gawd, you suck, Blogust. Why don't you go live in M. Night Shymalan's The Village? Get yourself some ankle chub, puritan!