Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I Am An Adult...Not A Dolt

Jon Stewart has been on the news a lot these days. Not only will he be hosting the 78th annual "Give Yourselves a Pat on the Back" (and in my opinion proving to the world that hollywood is trying to cater to a liberal audience), but he seems to be a guest on various talk shows. Larry King being the most memorable to me. Actually I didn't watch all of it, because I find Larry King to be a drip and Jon Stewart to be un-funny. That is not true, I find Jon Stewart to be funnyish, but the Daily Show is no way as good as when it was hosted by Craig Kilborn. Alas, that was a long time ago.

Moving on, during his interview Jon Stewart was talking about Bush's statement that "Americans are addicted to oil." He made the argument that Bush doesn't address the Nations Citizens like adults and that this whole "addicted to oil" business was something that Jimmy Carter was touching on way before Bush did. I had to laugh, then I had to change the channel.

Personally I don't think Bush addresses the Nation as if they were children, but I can understand why some people feel like children when they have their fingers in their ears and are screaming "La La La I can't hear you, I can't hear you," when the President is speaking. Also, to say "Oh my God, Jimmy Carter totally said that like way before you ever did" is such an immature statement that if I was Bush, I would start talking to Americans as if they were children.

No comments: