Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I Swear I'm Not A Monster, But This Stuff Just Drives Me Nuts!

This article was mistakenly placed in the "news" section of the Mirror UK. It is obviously an editorial, and therefore does not really bother me because everyone is entitled to their opinion. Unfortunately, because it was placed in the wrong section, I was originally a bit upset to see that it was reported to be a fact, rather than an opinion, that Canada increased the cull by 5,000 in retaliation to Paul McCartney. Or that due to the conditions of the ice, "countless" (One of my favorite weasel words going) seals would have drown anyway, rendering the cull completely unnecessary. Also, I don't think that this would be the first time anyone admitted that the cull made money, but I find it conspicuous that no source is quoted when it is said that the government has admitted that money is the "impetus" for the hunt. I would like to know who "some vets" are , and which "REport" says that up to 40% of these seals "could still be" alive when skinned? Oh, and seal hunters are surly and stubborn; Unable to see the barbarism in their ways. I could go on and on pointing out the obvious fouls in this "article," but I'm already stewing over the fact that I'm defending Canada (They rag on Hollywood and the fashion industry too, but I just can't defend them). Damn undercover PETA jerks!

No comments: