Sunday, March 19, 2006

Susan Sarandon to Play "Peace Mom"

Susan Sarandon is set to portray "Peace Mom" anti-war activist, Cindy "Curly Joe" Sheehan, in a biopic movie. Which will, in my opinion, become another black eye for the hollywood elite. For me, this is just another example of how so many in Hollywood are willing to hoist a woman like Curly Joe onto their shoulders, while ignoring the thousands of men and women who have sacrificed their time and their lives for this country. The same country that allows these celebrity pundits to ignore who the real heroes are. I think it is a shame.

So how is the movie going to go?
Will it talk about a woman who gave up custody for an 8 year old son she is now claiming to be fighting for?
Will it talk about how she is estranged from her friends and family and is invlolved in a divorce because of her antics?
Will it show her as an attention grubbing hog who seems to be pleased with herself everytime she is arrested?
Will we see her hobnobbing and and praising blathering Dictators like Hugo "Moe" Chavez?
Will we hear her compare iraqi insurgents to that of American Revolutionary war fighters?
And Lastly, will we hear sound bites of her accusing our President and this country of being terrorists?
If they do, they will apologize for it.

I don't think Curly's story will always be popular though and that gives me strength. I will tell you why. As our troops in the Middle East start to come home, either because individual tours of duty are up or because troop levels start to shrink as a whole, then we well hear much louder and much braver voices. Until that day, we are just going to have to endure people like Curly Joe Sheehan.

2 comments:

Maximum Colossus said...

Damn! I wanted to post this! I hate to burst you're bubble, but I am sure that Susie and Timmy probably put a little of their own money forward to get this made and will spin it in the appropriate fashion. I'll be amazed if good friend Sean doesn't direct. (Burnt umber)This is an important story that needs to be told, damn it!!!(Burnt umber)

Unknown said...

I am sure they did put some of their own money into this project, but what I am concerned with is how many hollywood types are going to be raving about it. We all know what this Sheehan person is about...I mean how could we not? she is on TV everyday. And I can't wait to see what the spin machine with her story. Actually I can wait