Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's A Matter Of Credibility.

As you all know, I have a problem with the celebrity political forum. I am tired of Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Sean Penn and Alec Baldwin using their star power to sway tabloid consumers to there way of thinking. Much of this is due to the fact that I don't believe these people are even remotely in touch with the common man, especially middle America. I also wonder how people who claim to be so busy all the time with their careers and commitments have the time to actually educate themselves about such complexities. But mostly, having gone through high school drama and being a theatre major in college for a ridiculous two years of my life, I can honestly say that actors are not typically very bright, and that if they ever had souls to begin with they were long ago traded for a mocha cappucino or a free Brazilion wax.

HOWEVER, occasionally a celeb comes along who's charisma and conviction are so strong, one can not help but stand at attention; To reassess our beliefs and embrace ideas that once seemed implausible. That celebrity? Charlie Sheen. His words:

"It seems to me like 19 amateurs with boxcutters taking over four commercial airliners and hitting 75 percent of their targets, that feels like a conspiracy theory. It raises a lot of questions,""A couple of years ago, it was severely unpopular to talk about any of this. It feels like from the people I talk to, and the research I've done and around my circles, it feels like the worm is turning.""Just show us how this particular plane pulled off these maneuvers . . . It is up to us to reveal the truth. It is up to us because we owe it to the families, we owe it to the victims, we owe it to everyone's life who was drastically altered, horrifically, that day and forever. We owe it to them to uncover what happened."

There you have it. 9/11. We did it! I realize that the theory that the U.S. government set up 9/11 is not a new one, but it never carried much weight for me until CHARLIE SHEEN researched the issues WITHIN HIS OWN CIRCLES, forcing him to ask some tough questions. That shit is for rizzle. I think I speak for 100% of the country when I say, "Impeach!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here it is. Straight from the horses mouth http://bareknucklepolitics.com/?p=1072